2017 is a local election year. Elections will be held in August and November of 2017 and also possibly in February and April. In the 45th, it will also be a legislative election year due to a special election for the position of State Senator.
The following positions will be contested in part or all of the 45th:
- State Senate (unexpired term)
- King County Executive
- King County Sheriff
- Seattle Port Commission (three positions)
- King County Council, District 1
- King County Council, District 3
- City Council positions in Redmond, Kirkland, Sammamish, Bothell, Duvall, and Woodinville
- School board positions in the Lake Washington, Northshore, and Riverview school districts
- Positions on the governing boards of many special districts
In addition, there may be local and state level ballot measures to consider (initiatives, referenda, constitutional amendments, charter amendments, propositions).