Welcome to the website of the 45th District Democrats of Washington State.
The 45th is a legislative district located in northeastern King County, encompassing parts of Kirkland, a slice of Redmond, most of Woodinville, a swath of Sammamish and incorporated Duvall. It is one of forty-nine such districts.
The 45th District Democrats help shape the future of our region through grassroots politics. We help people at all levels of political interest and time commitment make an active difference in our community.
The 45th’s most important work is electing Democratic candidates to the Washington State Legislature. Elections for legislative positions take place in even-numbered years. Members of the House serve two-year terms and members of the Senate serve four-year terms. The 45th also works to elect Democrats to higher office.
Aside from supporting Democratic candidates, our activities include:
- Monthly meetings
- Regular e-mail news and information
- Opportunities to meet elected officials
- Campaign volunteering
- Voter registration drives
- Leadership training
- Special events
April 2015 special election
A special election is being held throughout King County on April 28th to decide whether to approve a property tax levy to fund the replacement of the region’s emergency public safety radio network. The 45th District Democrats do not have a position on this measure, King County Proposition #1. However, some of our neighboring Democratic organizations have spoken out in support of Proposition 1. The 47th District Democrats support a yes vote and the executive board of the 31st District Democrats recommend the same.
Resources for voters:
- Explanatory statement; arguments for and against (King County Elections)
- Live in King County? Vote Yes by April 28th, 2015 to upgrade our region’s emergency public safety radio network (Cascadia Advocate)
- Approve King County Prop. 1 to upgrade aging public-safety radio network (Seattle Times)
- Yes on Public Safety (campaign website)