We use Zoom to hold all of our meetings, and we have developed a process to emulate our traditional in-person meetings as much as possible. Here’s how it works:
- We will announce our General Meeting approximately two weeks in advance, as usual. In our announcement, we will share a link for members to register in advance. We will share the announcement on our social media channels, via email, and on our website’s Events page.
- When you follow the link to register, you’ll be asked to provide the same information you provide on our in-person sign-in sheet.
- Once our check-in team verifies your info and approves your registration (usually within 24 hours), you will receive a second email with a call-in link that is unique to your registration. This is the link you will use to join the meeting, so you should keep this email somewhere easily accessible, and don’t share it. Think of it like buying tickets for an in-person event online (remember in-person events?)
- The call-in link email also includes links to add an event to your online calendar of choice. If you use an online calendar, we strongly recommend using this feature as it adds your call-in link to the event itself. You’ll likely find this much more convenient than having to dig through your emails!
- The meeting starts at 7:00 PM, but we will open the meeting starting at 6:30 PM to allow time to check in each attendee individually. We encourage you to join the meeting early to check in, socialize, and get settled before the meeting starts.
- When you click your unique registration link, Zoom will load the meeting and the password will automatically be filled out for you.
- When you load the Zoom meeting, depending on your device it may prompt you to select your audio source. If you are unsure which to select, choose the first option (this is usually your device’s default device). Make sure to avoid selecting ‘Join Without Audio’ to avoid problems later.
- When you join the meeting, you will be placed in the waiting room. One of our check-in team members will verify your membership info with you, and you will then be admitted into the meeting.