2017 45th District Reorg – What to Expect and How to Help
A reorganization meeting runs a bit differently than a typical general meeting of the membership. Additionally, there are specific times when voting is restricted to specific groups. Because of this, you will see some differences in how people are signed in, credentialed, and where they sit. Here are some of the differences you can expect to see:
Sign In and Credentials
Everyone attending the meeting is required to sign in. There will be three categories with specific credentials and, if appropriate, ballot packets.
- Elected PCOs (Precinct Committee Officers)
- 45th LD members in good standing
- Current members who paid dues for 2016 are recognized through January 31, 2017
- New members must have paid dues for 2017 at least seven days in advance of the meeting
- Guest attendees
To enable the most efficient possible collection of ballots and counting of votes, there will be separate seating areas depending on your credentialed status.
- Elected PCOs – The front section of seating will be reserved for elected PCOs. They are the only people allowed to vote for the first several board positions on the agenda. Having a separate area for these voters will support a quicker, more efficient collection of ballots and tally process.
- 45th LD members – The second seating area will be reserved for people who are 45th LD members but not elected PCOs. These people will be allowed to join the PCOs in voting for Treasurer and Secretary toward the end of the meeting.
- Guests – The remaining seating will be for guests. Guests are not eligible to vote. If high turnout fills the room with elected PCOs and members, guests will be asked to observe from the overflow room.
What Can I Do to Help?
- Arrival – Please arrive by 6:30–6:45 p.m. Room numbers will be posted on digital displays throughout the Community Center. Arriving early (especially elected PCOs) will help with both arranging seating and completing the credential report without delay. This meeting will take longer than normal for everyone to get signed in and credentialed; there will likely be lines at times. Planning for this in your arrival time and bringing your patience will help everyone.
- Respect the seating areas. For instance, if you are part of a couple and you each have separate statuses – if one of you is an elected PCO and the other is a 45th member – you will not be able to sit together. We appreciate your help with this for the two hours of the meeting.
- VOLUNTEER! There are lots of moving parts to the reorganization meeting and help is always appreciated. If you’re interested, please complete the form below. Here are some areas where volunteers are needed:
- Set up and clean up – Setting up seating in the main and overflow rooms is always welcome. Volunteers for set up need to arrive by 6:00 p.m. Clean up volunteers should plan to stay until 9:30 p.m.
- Floor management – We will need a couple of volunteers to help PCOs, members, and guests get seated in the correct area, answer questions, and possibly act as runners for the organizers, if needed. Floor management volunteers should arrive by 6:00 p.m.
- A/V set up – A few volunteers with experience using A/V equipment would be appreciated. We will be setting up a live feed to stream the meeting into our overflow room. A/V volunteers should arrive by 6:00 p.m.
- Sign in – A couple of volunteers are desired to assist with sign in and credentials distribution. Elected PCOs will only be able to volunteer up until the meeting begins, so factor that into your decision to volunteer for this position. Sign in volunteers should arrive by 6:15 p.m.
- Tally committee – Tally committee volunteers will gather ballots and count votes. Elected PCOs and candidates should not volunteer for this position as it may require them to be out of the room at critical times.