45th District Democrats to reorganize on January 7th, 2015
One week from today, we will be reorganizing the 45th District Democrats for 2015-2016. The reorganization will take place at the same time and in the same venue that we hold our regular monthly membership meetings: 7 PM on the first Wednesday of the month (January 7th), at the Old Redmond Schoolhouse Community Center.
Please plan to attend our reorganization meeting – especially if you are a precinct committee officer, because you are the representative of dozens of Democratic households in your neighborhood. If you’re not there, your neighbors end up going unrepresented.
As the name suggests, the purpose of a reorganization meeting is to choose new (or affirm existing) leadership of a party organization. The Democratic Party reorganizes itself at every level following the conclusion of an election in an even-numbered year. The counties and legislative districts go first, and the state party follows suit once the counties and districts have chosen their state committee men and women. The reorganization meeting is also when party organizations adopt (or readopt) bylaws.
The following positions will be up for election next Wednesday:
- First Vice Chair
- Second Vice Chair
- State Committeeman
- State Committeewoman
- King County Male Representative
- King County Female Representative
- King County Alternate Male Representative
- King County Alternate Female Representative
- Young Democratic Representative
- Alternate Young Democratic Representative
Only PCOs elected in the August 2014 Top Two election (and still residing in the precincts where they were elected) may vote for the first eleven positions. All members in good standing of the 45th may vote for the positions of Treasurer and Secretary.
The proposed agenda is as follows:
- Call to Order by Temporary Chair
- Adoption of Agenda
- Adoption of Rules for Reorganization
- Credentials Report
- Overview of Election Process
- Election of new District Chair
- Adoption of newly revised Bylaws
- Election of all other officer positions
- Opportunity for visiting candidates and elected officials to speak
- Adoption of Endorsement Rules for 2015-2016
- Appointment of new and returning committee chairs
- Membership Update
- PCO Appointments
- Legislative session preview
- Treasurer’s Report
- Good of the Order
If you have a question about the reorganization meeting, please don’t hesitate to contact us.