Skip to content
Legislative Priorities 2023
(Proposed and Reviewed 1/2023)
- Create the Washington State Investment Trust – our own publicly-owned state bank.
- Repeal statewide “advisory votes” for bills that increase or recover revenue.
- Provide more low income housing to ease the homeless crisis; adopt policies to increase attainable housing for the many that cannot afford market rates; reform zoning for
- Ban the sale of assault weapons.
- Initiate policies, funding, and training to address the behavioral health disorders for all WA residents.
- Assure the full range of reproductive health care options for all WA residents; no insurance prohibitions.
- Address Climate change in growth management and forest management in all our activities.
- Improve working conditions and pay for social workers, teachers, mental health, and special ed.
- Re-balance WA taxation across all income levels; add wealth tax of 1% above one billion.